The 3 Key Villages in Port Moody
Let’s talk about something important for just a moment.
Port Moody is one of three cities in the Tri-Cities. The other two are Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam. But this focus is on Port Moody and specifically the three villages that are perfectly positioned within it (Newport Village, Suter Brook Village, and Klahanie Village). Port Moody really is a hidden gem that is growing so much and will be a completely different place very, very soon.
Port Moody is North Vancouver’s Lonsdale before it was what it is today. Port Moody is North Vancouver’s Deep Cove before it was what it is today. It is made up of some really great neighbourhoods and areas that you must get to know.
So let’s just talk today about these 3 Key Villages in Port Moody.
1. Newport Village; This Village is on the corner of Ioco Road and Guildford Way and is home to many great establishments. Newport Village has a laid back vibe feeling to it. More of an older demographic as it is the older of the 3 villages but that doesn’t mean it’s lacking life. It’s actually full of life! This location is very close proximity to Eagle Ridge Hospital. So a great place to be located should you want to be close to this.
I visit this village on almost a daily basis. I use it as an excuse to go to the cozy coffee shop Gallaghers Cafe (Be sure to pick up a stamp card for your coffees, Buy 10 get 1 free). This is a great place to people watch and it has a covered patio. So on those rainy days grab a warm coffee and get some work done. It’s a good place to stop when walking your dog as they have a secret cookie jar of treats for them. Also nestled in Newport is Brown’s Restaurant, a must have for an area like this. Really one of our must go places if we don’t feel like cooking or just wanting to get out of the house. This Browns has one of the best patios in the city. Great in the summer time of course. Another great stop is St James’s Well Pub. Live music on the weekends and always packed then too. Looking for a great spot to watch the hockey game or football game, really any sporting event, this pub is for you.
There really are so many great shops in this Village. Everything you need is here, you really don’t have to leave this village at all.
- Newport Village Real Estate Info (One Bedroom) – Click Here
- Newport Village Real Estate Info (Two Bedroom) – Click Here
- Newport Village Real Estate Info (Townhouses) – Click Here
2. Suter Brook Village; Perfectly position as you enter down Ioco Road into the heart of Port Moody. This Village has a Whistler style look and feel to it, far different than your average suburban shopping centre. It’s a very lively, millennial inspired, and young family filled atmosphere. So many great stores, shops, and is only steps from the Inlet Skytrain Station. This is what makes it such a great place to be located. You can walk out your door and be downtown in 40 minutes. Even faster should you choose to use the Westcoast Express.
As it still grows with new developments like The Grande so too do the values of resales in this area. Absolutely everything you need is in this village. You can walk out your door, grab a coffee at Starbucks or JJ Beans, go grocery shopping at Thrifty’s, get a bottle of wine at the BC Liquor Store, pick up your dry-cleaning, make some reso’s at Romers Burgers, and be back home in a matter of minutes. With over 29 stores in Suter Brook Village, this area is a must when it comes to considering investing in Real Estate.
- Suter Brook Village Real Estate Info (One Bedrooms) – Click Here
- Suter Brook Village Real Estate Info (Two Bedrooms) – Click Here
3. Klahanie Village; This is a great village, a neighbourhood of condos, townhouses and high-rise apartments. This is all placed with in a quiet corner of Port Moody. Only steps to Brewers Row, Rocky Point and many of Port Moody’s Trails. This Village suits the lifestyle of families, couples and professionals alike. Those who want to be in close proximity to transit and all the amenities but not right in the action like the other two villages. More of a small neighbourhood feel to it as you constantly see young families with strollers or kids playing in their driveways. Only minutes away from Suter Brook and all the amenities it has to offer. Be sure to check out Caffe Divano as it’s one Port Moody’s best coffee shops.
Another great perk of Klahanie Village is if you are a resident you enjoy membership to the considerable amenities of the Canoe Club, which include an outdoor pool, tennis courts, basketball court, fitness centre, dance/yoga studio, children’s party room and guest suite.
- Klahanie Village Real Estate Info (One Bedrooms) – Click Here
- Klahanie Village Real Estate Info (Two Bedrooms) – Click Here
- Klahanie Village Real Estate Info (Townhouses) – Click Here
Keep An Eye On Coronation Park; Keep your eyes open to this growth of this area. It has recently been rezoned and will be the New Village of Port Moody soon enough. Since the opening of the Skytrain out here in Port Moody, the growth has been fast forwarded. It’s widely known that over the next few years Coronation Park is going to look like it’s own little village. I have a client that has seen her townhouse grow in value by more than $250,000 in less than 6 months.
If you are thinking of buying or selling in Port Moody and are looking for some more info.
Be sure to read my recent blog on my favourite things about living in Port Moody. Click Here