5 Great Things About Port Coquitlam
I’ve been doing a lot of recon lately and mainly in the Tri-Cities area. I just wanted to put into perspective some of the great things the “Suburbs” have to offer. The Suburbs that I’m talking about are Port Moody, Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam. It’s very important to understand now, right now that the migration has shifted. What I mean by that is people are starting to see that the Tri-Cities are actually really close. We are only 35 minutes to downtown from Port Moody and in some cases even less with Coquitlam. But also Port Coquitlam is only an extra 5-10 minutes on top of that.
The reason I wanted to talk about Port Coquitlam today is that it has a lot to offer. With so many people focus on the other two cities out here, Port Coquitlam is not to be forgotten. The only thing it’s lacking is the SkyTrain, but it has the West Coast Express and you can jump on a bus and be at the SkyTrain in moments. Even drive your car to the Moody Station in Port Moody and park for the day.
Here’s a couple of things going on in Port Coquitlam;
Let’s Talk Food
- Big Flat Pancake Co.; I want to give a shout out to an old friend Bruce. Someone who has that entrepreneurial drive and took a risk. One that’s paying off…Like myself he spent a long time working in the restaurant & service industry as a bartender. But after it has run its course, typically the late nights were just too much and it was time for a change. He decided to take a risk in life and go after something that was needed. Needed for him but also for the area of Port Coquitlam. Sure there’s all those other pancake & breakfast places we know about, but not one with this kind of vibe. A laid back, hipster feel, that you want to call your go to place. The service is great, the owners are hands on and always around. If you are looking for a breakfast spot this is it. Get yourself some chicken and waffles or some Big Flat Pancakes…I grew up in a Dutch family and pancakes have been a way of life for me. I pride myself in making the best at home, but these are just as good. In fact these are the best pancakes I’ve ever had outside of my own home. Really it’s a home cooking type of taste and feeling here. They now have their liquor licence too, so you may as well grab yourself a caesar while you are at it. You know you’ll want to.
Let’s Talk Downtown PoCo
- Downtown Port Coquitlam; Nestled in amongst tree-lined streets and a historic city square, Port Coquitlam’s has a downtown that boasts an energy filled mix of shops, restaurants and services. This is really is a downtown with a village like feel to it. Perfect for someone who wants to walk around and have everything within walking distance. You can grab a coffee, get your groceries, walk the trails with your dog, and eat at one of the local restaurants all within steps from your front door. Transit is easy to access for those needing to get to downtown Vancouver. Jump on a bus that takes you to the skytrain or take the WestCoast Express.
- Costco; Sure this isn’t right downtown. It is a short drive away but really you are going to drive anyways. Cause you will be filling that car with groceries. The single best thing about Costco is having one right in your backyard. You can hit it up on a weekday instead of your usual weekends. The lines usually busy but not as much on a Tuesday when it opens. Plus the gas here is always cheaper and you don’t have to drive forever to go get it. Just 2 minutes from down PoCo is all that’s needed. Trust me when I say that having this close by is such a benefit that once you have it, you don’t want to leave it.
- Traboulay PoCo Trail; Let’s talk about trails and how important it is to be around nature. I walk, run, or hike everyday with my dog/assistant Sadie. We need a great trail system and PoCo has a great one. 25 km of trail from beginning to end. This really is a great trail to adventure on and is only steps from your front door. Do yourself a favour and click the link to read up on it.
Let’s Talk Investment
- The core reason I wanted to talk about Port Coquitlam today was to let you in on the value that this city has to offer. Yes it’s a bit further away then the other two cities but that comes with some benefits. The growth of the Tri-Cities is headed this way. It’s a good little community to be a part of. You’ll get to know the local mom & pop shops. Odds are that in time, short time, they will get to know you too. As prices grow in the main cities, so too does the price in Port Coquitlam. By investing now you’ll be gaining some fast equity. This is still a city that you can buy a detached house with an income property for under $800,000. Check it out here http://bit.ly/2HEQD39
The Tri-Cities really do have a lot to offer and I feel that if you put your mind to it. It’s a great place to call home, I love it and I guarantee you will love it too.
That’s it for now. As always, I’m here should you choose to talk.
Thank you. Those really are 5 great things about Port Coquitlam.
I appreciate it. Glad you think so too.
A round of applause for your blog article.Really thank you! Want more.